- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 3-4 bags chair tea
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour (or 1/2 cup all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup powder sugar, use more as needed
- Lemon or orange zest
- Bring the milk to a low boil in a small saucepan until steaming. Remove from the heat. Add the tea bags, cover, and steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a (9×5 inch) loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl , beat together the butter, honey, and lemon zest until combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until combined then add the vanilla. Add the flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat to combine. Add the steeped chai milk, beating until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the cake is browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Remove the zest from the lemon and orange with vegetable peeler in wide strips. Then thinly slice the strips. In a medium bowl, mix together the honey and 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice. Drizzle 1/2 the glaze over the warm loaf.
- To the remaining glaze, add the powdered sugar, whisk until smooth. Stir in 1/2 the lemon and orange zest. Pour the glaze over the loaf. You can garnish with the remaining zest, if desired. Let set 5 minutes, slice, and enjoy warm or at room temperature.