- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment or silicon mat.
- In a large bowl with a standing mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl every now and again.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls, and roll in sugar. (you could also roll in sprinkles)
- Place on baking sheet, about 2″ apart. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies have set.
- Allow to cool before eating
Recipe adapted from a latte food