- 1 lb thin chicken
- 2 shallots
- 2 sprigs rosemary or 2 tsp (remove needles & bundle needles together and chop across)
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Shallots
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken stock concentrate
- 1 oz Fig Jam
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
For side dishes:
- 1/2 lb potatoes
- 3 cups broccoli
- drizzle olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel ans season all over with salt and pepper. Cook in pan until no longer pink in center 5-7 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside to rest.
- Lower heat under pan to medium. Add Shallot, chopped rosemary, and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook, tossing, until softened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar and fig jam. Simmer until syrupy, about 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup water and stock concentrate. Let reduce until saucy, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 TBSP butter. Season with salt & pepper.
- Thinly slice chicken. Drizzle chicken with sauce.
I served mine with roasted potatoes & broccoli.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cut potatoes in 1/2 inch cubes, toss potatoes and snap peas in olive oil, and a dash of salt & pepper. Toss on baking sheet and cook in oven until tender and browned, 20-25 minutes.
*Leave butter out if you’d like the dish to be dairy free.
* You can sub sweet potatoes for regular potatoes & sub green beans or snap peas for broccoli.
Recipe for 2 adults , double if you’d like to serve for a family of 4-5.
- 2 Zucchinis
- 8 oz Button Mushrooms
- 4 Scallions
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Thumbs Ginger Root
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 10 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 4 tsp Sriracha
- 6 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- Prep. Wash and dry all produce. Halve zucchini lengthwise; slice into half moons. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel carrots; use a peeler, shave lengthwise into ribbons. Peel and mince ginger. Mince garlic.
- Cook Rice. Bring rice and 1 1/4 cups salted water to boil in a small pot. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Pickle Scallions and Make Sauce. Toss scallions whites with vinegar and pinch of salt in a small bowl. Set aside to marinate. In another small bowl, stir together sesame oil, 1 1/2 TBSP sugar, up half the Siracha, and 1 1/2 TBSP soy sauce (we’ll use more of the Siriacha and soy sauce later).
- Cook Veggies. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat (use nonstick pan if you have it). Add carrots; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until tender but still crisp, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add another drizzle of oil to pan and repeat with zucchini; remove from pan once cooked. Add mushrooms and another drizzle of oil to pan and cook until tender, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook Beef. Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beef, breaking up meat into pieces. Cook, tossing occasionally, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Increase heat to high and cook until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes. Pour in 1 1/2 TBSP soy sauce and cook, tossing, until mostly evaporated, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish and Plate. Divide rice between bowls. Arrange beef, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, and scallions whites on top. Drizzle with sauce and remaining Sriracha (to taste). Sprinkle with scallions greens and serve. After severed, give everything a good toss in bowl to combine.
~Recipe by Hello Fresh