Total time: 10 mins
Yields: 12-14 balls
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup dried apples (not freeze dried, you want the chewy ones)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until it forms a thick paste.
- Using about a tablespoon of the mixture, roll into balls. If you want the little bites, use about 1/4 teaspoon.
~Recipe from thenymelrosefamily.com
Always a hit at any party! A great snack & easily reheat-able
Prep. time: 20 min
Cook time: 16 min
- 1 pound aged Manchego cheese, cut into 20 blocks
- 10 slices bacon, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Make an incision on one side of each date and insert a block of Manchego. Squeeze the date shut in your hand to secure. Wrap each date with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick. Place all the dates on a sheet tray lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Roast the dates in the oven until the bacon on top is starting to crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the dates over and cook the other side until the bacon crisps, roughly another 10 minutes.
*I’ve started to replace the cheese with an almond, which makes them dairy free and adds a bit of a crunch.
*I often get dates with pits in them and de-pit them myself with needle-nose pliers. By cutting the tip of the date off and pulling out the pit.
~Recipe is based on Anne Burrell’s from foodnetwork.com