- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
~Recipe from allrecipes.com
Prep. time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 oz pancetta, prosciutto or bacon, diced
- 1 lb linguine or spaghetti
- 3 eggs yolks, room temp
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream or half & half
- 3/4 Cup finely grated Parmigiano-Regiano
- Black pepper
- Heat oil & butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and pancetta & cook until onion translucent and pancetta is beginning to crisp. Remove from heat set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the linguine to al dente. Drain pasta and return pasta to pot. Heat and add the reserved pancetta and onion mixture. Stir over high heat until pasta is coated with the pancetta mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks & heavy cream and add the pasta, along with Parmesan. Remove the pot from the heat and toss the pasta until it is well-coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If needed, add a bit of the reserved pasta cooking liquid to help toss the pasta if it is dry. Serve immediately.
**I like to add peas to the pancetta and onion mixture.
~Recipe via Rachael Ray at foodnetwork.com