Yields: 12 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon
- 2 extra large eggs (or 2 large +1 egg white)
- 6-8 plums (mine were huge so I used 4)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a sheet of parchment over the bottom disk of an 8-9 inch spring-form pan. Fasten the ring around the disk with parchment paper secured in between. Cut off the excess paper. Grease the sides of the pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- In the electric mixer, cream 1 cup of sugar with the butter. Add the eggs one at a time. Slowly add the flour mixture. Scrape the bowl and mix again.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Slice the plum into eights.
- Place the plum slices around the top of the cake in a pretty pattern. Make sure they are close together. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice over the plums. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Make SURE not to over bake! Cool for 15 minutes in the pan, and another 10 minutes out of the pan before serving.
*Try with summer peaches, nectarines or apricots!
~Recipe via A Spicy Perspective