- 1 lb of Chicken Breasts
- 1 Shallot or small onion
- 1/4 oz Thyme sprig
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 4 TBSP Fig Jam
- 24 oz Yukon Gold potatoes
- 12 oz Green Beans
- Wash and dry potatoes. Dice into 1/2 inches pieces. Toss on baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast on top rack for 10 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then. Meanwhile, trim green beans.
- Once potatoes have roasted 10 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Give potaotes a toss, then push to one side. Carefully toss green beans on empty side with large dizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Roast until veggies are tender and crisped, 12-15 minutes more. ( You can use a second baking sheet if necessary)
- While everything roasts, halve, peel, and mince the shallot (or onion)
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a cutting board and set aside to rest. Wipe out pan.
- Add shallot, thyme sprigs, and a drizzle of olive oil to same pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until shallot is softened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in jam and 2 TBSP vinegar. Simmer until syrup, 1-2 minutes. Stir in stock concentrate and 1/3 cup water. Simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in 2 TBSP butter until melted. (Stir in a splash of water if sauce is too thick)
- Remove thyme sprigs from pan and discard. Season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice chicken crosswise; divide between plates with green beans and potatoes. Drizzle chicken with sauce and serve.
~Adapted from a Hello Fresh recipe