- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 8 eggs, beaten together
- 1 (20 ounce) bag frozen southern style hash browns, thawed
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Add the sausage to a large saute pan on medium-high. Cook over medium-high heat until halfway browned.
- Add onion, bell peppers, and garlic and cook until onion is almost translucent and sausage is completely browned. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Add hash browns, cheese and beaten eggs to the large bowl and mix until all are well combined.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add mixture from bowl to the baking dish.
- Bake in middle of oven for 45-60 minutes.