- 1 lb thin chicken
- 2 shallots
- 2 sprigs rosemary or 2 tsp (remove needles & bundle needles together and chop across)
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Shallots
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken stock concentrate
- 1 oz Fig Jam
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
For side dishes:
- 1/2 lb potatoes
- 3 cups broccoli
- drizzle olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel ans season all over with salt and pepper. Cook in pan until no longer pink in center 5-7 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside to rest.
- Lower heat under pan to medium. Add Shallot, chopped rosemary, and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook, tossing, until softened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar and fig jam. Simmer until syrupy, about 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup water and stock concentrate. Let reduce until saucy, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 TBSP butter. Season with salt & pepper.
- Thinly slice chicken. Drizzle chicken with sauce.
I served mine with roasted potatoes & broccoli.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cut potatoes in 1/2 inch cubes, toss potatoes and snap peas in olive oil, and a dash of salt & pepper. Toss on baking sheet and cook in oven until tender and browned, 20-25 minutes.
*Leave butter out if you’d like the dish to be dairy free.
* You can sub sweet potatoes for regular potatoes & sub green beans or snap peas for broccoli.