Recipe for 2 adults , double if you’d like to serve for a family of 4-5.
- 2 Zucchinis
- 8 oz Button Mushrooms
- 4 Scallions
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Thumbs Ginger Root
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 10 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 4 tsp Sriracha
- 6 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- Prep. Wash and dry all produce. Halve zucchini lengthwise; slice into half moons. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel carrots; use a peeler, shave lengthwise into ribbons. Peel and mince ginger. Mince garlic.
- Cook Rice. Bring rice and 1 1/4 cups salted water to boil in a small pot. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Pickle Scallions and Make Sauce. Toss scallions whites with vinegar and pinch of salt in a small bowl. Set aside to marinate. In another small bowl, stir together sesame oil, 1 1/2 TBSP sugar, up half the Siracha, and 1 1/2 TBSP soy sauce (we’ll use more of the Siriacha and soy sauce later).
- Cook Veggies. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat (use nonstick pan if you have it). Add carrots; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until tender but still crisp, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add another drizzle of oil to pan and repeat with zucchini; remove from pan once cooked. Add mushrooms and another drizzle of oil to pan and cook until tender, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook Beef. Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beef, breaking up meat into pieces. Cook, tossing occasionally, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Increase heat to high and cook until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes. Pour in 1 1/2 TBSP soy sauce and cook, tossing, until mostly evaporated, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish and Plate. Divide rice between bowls. Arrange beef, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, and scallions whites on top. Drizzle with sauce and remaining Sriracha (to taste). Sprinkle with scallions greens and serve. After severed, give everything a good toss in bowl to combine.
~Recipe by Hello Fresh