- 4 Bell peppers
- 4 scallions
- 2 oz Dried Apricots
- 8 Tablespoon sour cream
- 2 Tablespoon Tunisian Blend (recipe at bottom)
- 1 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 cup Feta Cheese
- Prep & Make Crema. Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. Halve bell peppers lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Rough chop apricots, if necessary. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, 1/2 tsp Tunisian Spice, and salt. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
- Cook Rice. In a small pot, combine rice, apricots, 1 1/2 cups, half the remaining Tunisian Spice (You’ll use the rest later), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to use.
- Roast Peppers. While rice cooks, place bell pepper halves on a baking sheet and drizzle each with olive oil; rub to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper, then arrange cut sides up. Roast on middle rack until lightly softened, 15-17 minutes (you’ll stuff them then). Remove from oven to cool slightly.
- Start Filling. Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas; pat as dry as possible with paper towels. Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas, scallion whites, remaining Tunisian Spice, and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chickpeas are lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Finish Filling & Stuff peppers. Fluff rice with a fork. Stir into pan with chickpeas along with 3/4 of the feta and 3 TBSP butter. Season generously with salt. Stuff each bell pepper half with as much filling as will fit. Return baking sheet to oven until stuffed peppers are tender, 5-7 minutes. Cover pan with remaining filling to keep warm.
- Serve. Divide remaining filling between plates; top with stuffed peppers. Drizzle with spiced crema. Sprinkle with scallion greens and remaining feta. serve
- 2 parts cumin
- 2 parts garlic powder
- 1 part ground coriander
- .25 parts ground allspice
- .25 parts chili flakes