- 3 pounds pork shoulder/butt
- 16 ounces Coca-Cola soda (not diet), divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Spray inside of a large crock pot with cooking spray. Place pork roast inside. Pour 8 ounces of Coca-Cola (I used a measuring cup) and water around pork. (It does not need to cover roast). Sprinkle evenly with garlic salt, salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on High heat for 6 hours, or on Low heat 8-9 hours.
- Remove pork from crock pot and transfer to cutting board. Discard liquid from crock pot. Shred pork with two forks, and remove any fat.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the remaining 8 ounces Coca-Cola, diced green chilies, enchilada sauce and brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Place shredded pork back in crock pot. Pour enchilada sauce mixture over the shredded pork. Cover crock pot with lid and cook 2 hours on Low heat.
- Serve pork in burritos, salads and tacos!
~Adapted from life-in-the-lofthouse.com