- olive oil
- Flour tortillas
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (or any good melting cheese), shredded
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- cooking spray
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and cut into small pieces
- Heat 2 teaspoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onions to pan and saute until onions are translucent. Remove onion and peppers from pan and set aside for assembly.
- Spray the inside of the saute pan with cooking spray. Place one flour tortilla in the pan. Add a layer of cheese on to the tortilla, follow up with onion pepper mixture and chicken. Add another layer of cheese on top of all ingredients (the cheese is the glue to hold it all together) and finish with another tortilla. Wait for a few minutes for the cheese to start melting and the bottom tortilla to harden and turn light brown.
- Spray the top tortilla with cooking spray and using a spatula flip the whole quesadilla in the pan. (If the tortillas get off-center you should be able to recenter it using a spatula and pulling the top tortilla by hand). Wait until cheese is completely melted and bottom tortilla is hardened and light brown.
- Slide it out of the pan onto a plate or cutting board. Cut into wedges and serve.
*You could use any number of sauteed vegetables or proteins in your quesadilla!
~Recipe from Mikaila