- Brown rice
- 1 can Black beans
- Black Olives
- Cilantro (optional)
- Prepare Brown rice as directed by package. I make a 2 cup batch and use for 4 or 5 days.
- Rinse black beans and mix into cooked rice.
- I like to use sliced olives
- You can use any salsa or home made
- Cut avocado in half around pit. slice with butter knife lengthwise through the meat of the avocado (without going through the skin). Use large spoon to scoop out of the skin.
- Sprinkle cilantro over top (optional)
Lunch prep directions: I make 2 cups of rice, mix with beans and store in 4 separate containers in refrigerator. When I’m ready to eat lunch, I microwave the rice mixture 1 minute, then add olives, salsa, avocado, & cilantro. So good!
~Recipe adapted from Cafe Yum