- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced white onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup frozen cut Italian cut green beans
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans or great northern beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots (julienned or shredded)
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot
- saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrots, hot water, and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Makes about eight 1 1/2 cup servings.
~Recipe from food.com & Stephanie M.