This is a instant pot recipe but can be adjusted to the stove top. If you use the instant pot it will be done in 35 minutes.
Making the chili in an instant pot is really easy because there’s a chili and beans setting (if you don’t have that setting, you can use “manual”). Everything can be cooked in the instant pot, which means only one dish to clean!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 strips bacon (chopped)
- 15 ounces kidney beans (drained)
- 15 ounces pinto beans (drained)
- 15 ounces black beans (drained)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes with juice (Fire Roasted)
- 1 can tomato paste ( 6 ounces)
- 1 red onion (large, chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- optional: 1 jalapeno
- optional toppings: sour cream, cilantro, cheese (shredded)
- Turn your instant pot to “saute” and cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon and saute the bell peppers and onions until tender.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned and drained any excess grease.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir everything together.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set to “chili” mode (“manual” can be used too).
- Cook for 18-20 minutes and allow a natural release for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, serve it up and top with all your favorite toppings.
~Recipe adapted from Oh, Sweet Basil