1 hour 30 minutes
20 minutes prep
- 1/3 cup finely chopped candy canes (about 6 small), divided
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
- 4 oz package semi-sweet chocolate broken into pieces, melted
- Reserve 1 Tbsp chopped candy cane. Mix remaiing candy cane with cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Dip cookie balls in melted chocolate, place on waxed paper- covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved candy cane.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
*I used cherry candy canes, peppermint would be a great classic option.
*I used the food processor to process Oreo cookies, then mixer to combine cookies, with cream cheese and candy cane.
I used almond extract to intensify the cherry flavor. You could use any flavor extract if you didn’t have candy canes.
~ Recipe adapted from food and family