- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick. stirring often.
- Pour over chicken, meatballs, smoked sausage, veggies, etc.
I served over meatballs here. Very fast dinner if you use the air fryer to cook the meatballs.
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted, plus more for buttering the baking dish
- 3 to 4 large sweet potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1.4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- For the sweet potatoes: Add 1 3/4 pounds peeled and cubed sweet potatoes to a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool. Mash the sweet potatoes.
- For the filling: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Whisk together the butter, mashed sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, brown sugar, butter and salt in a medium bowl until moist and mixture clumps together. Stir in the pecans. Spread the mixture over the top of the sweet potatoes in an even layer. Bake until mostly set in the center and golden on top, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
~Recipe adapted from Food Network Kitchen