Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- Optional: 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- optional: chopped green onion for garnish
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3. (Time-saver tip: while shrimp is marinating, I steamed steamed the broccoli and made the rice.)
- Heat olive oli in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp on the skillet. (Discard used marinade) Cook shrimp on one side until pink – about 45 seconds – then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed veggies on the side.
~Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction