- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside, Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, food color and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar mixture to completely coat. Place 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with silicon mats
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
~Adapted from Mccormick