- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 2lbs Ground chicken
- 2 large carrots, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbs smoked paprika
- 1 Bay leaf, fresh or dried
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I use about 1/4 cup because I like it mild)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15oz)
- 1 can stewed, fire roasted or crushed tomatoes
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Large pot oven medium-high heat with olive oil, add ground chicken and break up, lightly brown it for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, garlic, paprika and bay leaf, salt & pepper. Stirr frequently, about 7-8 minutes. Add chicken stock and scrape up any brown bits on bottom.
- Add hot sauce, tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes, bring up to a bubble. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with chips.
~Recipe via Rachael Ray