Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 13 Tablespoons buttermilk*
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a small cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt, then add the buttermilk and mix together with a fork until almost combined.
- Move the dough to a lightly floured flat surface and knead for 30 seconds only, form into an oval loaf (about 8 inches wide) place on prepared cookie sheet. And score the loaf with a deep cross with a serrated knife.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until bread is done. Serve warm. Enjoy!
*Buttermilk substitute: Measure 13.5 Tablespoons any milk you have, place in measuring cup or small bowl, stir in .5 Tablespoon vinegar. Let set 5 minutes before continuing with recipe.
~Recipe adapted from An Italian in my kitchen website