Cooking Time: 3.5 hours
- 1 Package Corn Beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10-15 small red potatoes (I used large chunks of Golden potatoes)
- 2 lbs carrots (baby or whole-chopped)
- 1 head cabbage, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- Remove corned beef and spice packet from package, and clean, removing excess liquid from meat.
- Place corned beef in a Dutch oven or other large pot, fill with water.
- Bring to a boil, using a kitchen tablespoon, remove the foaming film that rises to the surface. Do this until there is no more film, usually about three times.
- 4. Once the film is gone, add the spice packet and bay leaf and continue to cook at a low boil for 2 hours.
- After two hours, add the onion and continue to cook at a low boil for an additional hour.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and cook for 30 more minutes.
- The last 5 minutes of the carrot/potato cooking time, add the cabbage.
- Once the cabbage has cooked, remove it from the water, it should still be crisp but tender.
- Remove corned beef and allow it to rest for a few minutes then slice across the grain.
- Serve and Enjoy!