Pan seared chicken nestled in a creamy garlic white wine sauce with spinach and burst tomatoes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, sliced thin or chicken tenderloins
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil or Canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat
- Add olive oil to the pan and then chicken breast. Sear chicken for 4-5 minutes per side
- Remove from pan and set aside
- Add in onion and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add in garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, stirring entire time.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, scrapping with a wooden spoon to get any brown bits from the bottom. Season with salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper flakes.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. As the cherry tomatoes start to soften, press down on them with spoon to make them burst.
- Pour in the coconut milk.
- Next add in spinach and sauté until wilted down. Stir and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Place chicken back in the pan to heat through and serve.
*Optional: add lemon juice and fresh basil
~Recipe adapted from joyful healthy eats